FINAL RELEASE: [r1180]
Ultima beta release: [r1214]
* Added QuadForce 2.0 version detection
* Fixed NTFSLib's Mem2 Allocation (Thanks Dimok)
* Fixed missing parent folder ".." when browsing a NTFS partition.
* DML: Updated DM(L) detection up to version 2.9
* DEVO: Added F-ZeroAX and TimerFix settings (requires Devolution r196 or newer)
* Reverted more MEM2 Allocation to prevent black screen when launching a game. (Thanks Dimok)
* Fixed USB Initialization when using usbport 1
(Thanks Dimok and Dynamit)
* Fixed compiling on Linux
* Added back support for WBFS partition without a partition table
(Thanks PontoonAdmiral for the tests)
* Fixed Wad installation on EmuNAND
(both file decryption and file size)
* Fixed channel's save path creation when using Emulated NAND
* DML: Added Cluster size detection
* DML: Updated DM(L) detection up to version 2.8
* DML: prevent NODISC2 patch if not using DM(L) v2.2 update2
* DEVO: Added Widescreen setting (requires Devolution r188 or newer)
* DEVO: Added AHBPROT detection
* Updated libntfs
* Updated LibNTFS to 2013-01-13 version:
* Added MEM2_alloc for Wii.
* Fixed the bug introduced in r1208 preventing game launching
with non d2x cIOS.
* Fixed GameCube multiDisc installation.
* Fixed progress window not hiding if Wiiload didn't send the file.
* Simplify HBC loading logic.
* Added a warning when trying to launch a Wii game with a non-d2x cIOS if EmuNAND is enabled.
* Fixed individual game settings to allow modification of the EmuNAND settings based on the game's IOS instead of global IOS.
* Added back cIOS rev17-21 support for EmuNAND Channel. (Thanks to Garfunkiel for the patch and to Themanuel for all the tests with game compatibility and partition detection)
This hidden feature is unlocked only if all the user's setup is compatible with rev17-21:
EmuNAND Channel path must be on the root of the first FAT32 partition on a 512 bytes/sector device.
* DML: Changed the GameCube Multi-discs prompt logic to display on older DIOS MIOS (Lite) versions too.
* DML: Added a partition type verification to warn the user if the HDD is not correctly setup.
* Fixed installation destination for multi-Disc based games.
Second ISO is now properly going into the existing folder instead
of using the Disc's internal Game Title.
* Prevent deleting a folder when installation is canceled if
the folder still contains another disc number.
* Added a new setting to select GameCube game source: SD, USB, Auto
Auto = based on DIOS MIOS (Lite).
This new setting fix two known problems:
- Device selection for Devolution is no more dependent of
the installed DM(L) type. (Select manually before launching a game)
- Installation of a game on a device if the game is already
on another device is now possible.
* Added possibility to install multi-Discs GameCube games
* Added auto-detection and loading multi-Disc games with both Devolution
and DIOS MIOS (Lite).
The Disc 2 must be named disc2.iso and placed in the same folder
* DML: Prevent temporary ocarina .gct file copy if the game is
launched from disc
If you use "GameCube compress" option (Extracted game format):
- If one of the disc is already extracted, it will not allows
you to dump another disc (as it's now using the same folder,
it would overwrite files from the other disc)
- If Disc 1 doesn't exist, it will tell you that disc 2 needs
to be in ISO format, but will asks if you really want to install
the game in extracted format.
* Added support for Homebrew Channel v1.1.1+
* Added version detection for DIOS MIOS (Lite) v2.6
* Removed unused "DML NoDisc" setting
* Reverted the video settings used by Wii games/Channels back to r1199.
* Fixed greek.lang file to UTF8
* DML: Fixed a possible version detection error due to timezone.
* DML: Fixed missing Widescreen in individual settings when using DML v2.1
* DML: Fixed individual settings choices for Japanese Patch.
* DML: Added DML v2.5 screenshot setting (use R+Z on 4th controller)
* Added Devolution version in Credit window.
* Added Greek language file. You will need Hellenic font (Thanks nakata)
* Changed default path for GameCube Main Folder to usb1:/games/
* Changed default path for devolution folder to be located on the
boot device instead of SD.
* Changed default URL for Channel's banner animation.
* Fixed launching Korean games (Thanks damysteryman)
* Fixed meta.xml release date format (Thanks Joostin)
* Added Devolution setting "NOLED" (and "WIDE" but not used yet).
DIOS MIOS Lite:
* Fixed DIOS MIOS (Lite) version detection when using a DM version
more recent than the latest known.
* Fixed DIOS MIOS (Lite) detection when booting without AHBPROT
(Priiloader direct boot, old HBC, etc.) but with Waninkoko/d2x cIOS.
* Removed "DML NoDisc+" setting when using DM v2.3+
* Removed warning messages related to individual game settings if
they are currently unavailable.
* Ocarina GCT folder can now be placed anywhere. If required, the .gct
will be copied to a temporary file on the root of the
game's partition. (no need to move the folder manually anymore)
* Added DM(L) version detection and removed user setting.
* Added a setting for DML Japanese Patch
* Hide DML individual game settings if DM(L) is not installed
or is not the correct version.
* Fixed device selection when using USB with devolution
* Fixed Devolution's launching and game region detection
(Fix lag and wrong colors. Thanks to testers)
* Prevent Playcount increasing if the game couldn't launch
* Added a new option to Game Window setting to display banner
animation only on Channels layout, other layouts use Rotating disc.
* Added new Priiloader 0.8 beta4 compatibility to parental control setting
* Added support for Devolution's smaller Memory Card size
(min size = 512KB, 59 blocks)
* Fixed the auto-completion search bug (Thanks to hvy109 for the patch)
* Reworked GUI window for covers download and auto select all choices.
Select HQ/LQ/custom/original priority in the GUI settings.
* Added banner download from custom URL when GameCube mode is enable.
Set the URL manually in the GXGlobal.cfg, will search
Delete URL to disable banner download. Thanks to Abz for the default URL.
* Added back "DML Video Mode" setting (Fix Mario golf)
* Fixed in-game video mode (50/60hz) selection screen not displayed and fixed
incorrect colors with DIOS MIOS. Please report any problem with Wii/Channel
* Allowed Video Mode setting for Devolution instead of always forcing Disc
* Added Japanese game fix for memory card access with DIOS MIOS.
* Split NoDisc settings in two distinct options to prevent confusion.
* Hide DM config v2 settings when using config v1
* Added new DIOS MIOS v2.2 update2 NoDisc setting.
* Fixed Devolution config version number and removed forced Wifi logging setting
* Added log over WiFi support for Devolution r100+ (always enabled).
* Added DIOS MIOS 2.2+ support by adding a version selector in global Loader
* I Forgot the added file in previous rev.
* Fixed launching GameCube games from disc with official MIOS
* Added Forced Language settings for GameCube games when using DM(L)
* Fixed GameCube games video mode error with DML by removing forced progressive
when using component cable.
* Replaced the "Force interlace" by "DML Progressive Patch" (use it ONLY if you
see any picture when forcing 480p)
* Added a setting to choose whether to use MIOS or Devolution for GameCube
* Added support for Devolution:
- place Loader.bin from devolution sources in "DEVO Loader Folder".
default folder is sd:/apps/gc_devo/ but you can change it.
- You need to use the same folder layout than DIOS MIOS: /games/title
- You need to place the second game disc ISO in the same folder than the first
- The Memory Card Emulation for Devolution can be:
OFF (real Memory Card)
ON (saved in /apps/gc_devo)
Individual (Saved in the game folder)
- Other settings have no effect in Devolution Mode. (no Ocarina/language/video
- added support for Yaz0 decompression on banners and system menu resources
(This is needed by some Custom Wii System Menu Themes like the DarkWii Theme.
Hopefully now all System Menu Themes are supported as layout.) (thx darkwii and
atymick for the info about the used Yaz0 compression in those themes.)
* Wiki update: Fixed typo for GCReEx
* Update menus to detect DIOS MIOS and DIOS MIOS Lite. (Thanks to Fix94 and Dimok).
* Added quick support to DIOS MIOS
* Optimizing previous changes (Thanks Dimok)
* Fixed crashing problem when launching a game before banner caching is
* Fixed theme downloader stuck at 100% after unzipping.
* Fixed prompt typo and prompt behavior when exiting the copy/delete GC menu.
* Renamed string "Rename Game on WBFS" to "Rename Game Title".
* Improved Category filtering.
You can now easily hide games on category basis.
Click on a category to cycle through possible checkbox states.
The "ALL" category can now have 3 different states:
[ ] Not checked = Doesn't display all categories (like before)
[v] Checked = Displays all categories (like before)
[X] Cross = Displays all categories except forbidden categories.
The other categories now have 4 different states:
[ ] Not checked = Games containing this category are not filtered (like
[v] Enabled = All games containing this category will be displayed (like
[X] Forbidden = All games containing this category will NOT be displayed.
[+] Required = All games NOT containing this category will NOT be
* Reverted fixed values from v3.0
* Added a Clock size factor (size factor is theme-able and will override user's
value if not "1.0" in .them file)
* Fixed tooltip opacity on Home Button and game icons on Channel grid mode.
* Fixed Banner Grid position X and Y not working in .them file (Thanks Dimok)
* Fixed half-cut cover in grid mode if only 4 games are displayed by showing it
on both sides and allowing scrolling.
USB Loader GX Version 3.0 introduces a new auto-update mechanism which is not
compatible with old versions. (The old host is offline)
If you are still using an old version of USB Loader GX, you need to update
Download the latest version or use our easy installer for Windows available on
You can also check how to install or update manually here:
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Added a new Layout: Channel grid mode! Channel grid displays games as channels
and plays banner animations like the real Wii System Menu.
Channel grid mode and banner animation requires AHBPROT flags to load resource
files directly from your Wii.
If you use an old HBC you should use our latest forwarder or update the HBC
otherwise you wont have that support.
- Added Channel launching from Emulated NAND. (big thanks to TriiForce guys and
- Added GameCube games launching from SD Card through Dios Mios Lite (DML).
(thanks to G0dLiKe, crediar, all DML devs and FIX94)
Check DML website here
- Added direct install/uninstall of WAD files to the Emulated NAND Channel path
in the features settings menu.
- Added a new icon in the toolbar to select the origin of the titles: Wii games,
Channels from Wii, Channels from EmuNand, GameCube games.
- Added the possibility to boot USB Loader GX without an HDD connected (It will
fall back to "Channel from Wii" title's origin).
- Added an option to choose which Game Window mode to use between the old
"Rotating Disc" or the new "Banner Animation".
- Added the favorite level setting to the game settings since it is no longer
displayed when using "Banner Animation" game window mode.
- Added an option to adjust the screen size for overscan TVs (Use negative
values to shrink the display).
- Added display of game's size from Wii disc games on the game window prompt
(Rotating disc mode only).
- Added a button in the search window to switch between "Beginning" and
"Content" search methods.
- Added auto-complete function to the search window.
- Added a new GUI numpad for entering numbers.
- Added setting for tooltip delay time.
- Added resize of widescreen screenshots to 768px width.
- Added cover download for the currently inserted disc.
- Added delete of full cover on art work uninstall and game uninstall.
- Added a parental control option to block priiloader override on return to
- Added a prompt asking for downloading new language files when trying to update
and no language files exist yet.
- Added translation parsing for rating descriptors and for genres from
wiitdb.xml. Requires a one time update of wiitdb.xml for cache rebuild.
- Added a new option to force reading the game's titles from disc header.
- Added renaming of internal TitleID of all HBC versions to JODI for GameTDB to
- Added a cheat update button to re-download the cheat text file.
- Added a cancel button to several progress bar windows: Game installation, NAND
- Added separate path and setting for Emulated NAND Saves and Emulated NAND
- Added per game NAND emulation path setting.
- Added Mii extractor and SYSCONF file extractor to Emulated NAND. It always
overwrites old files.
- Added automatic Mii extraction on save game extract if the Mii file does not
exist yet on Emulated NAND.
- Added keep of AHBPROT flag on IOS Reload. Homebrews booted now have AHBPROT.
(thanks to davebaol)
- Added a new feature to force aspect ratio on games/channels. (thanks to
giantpune for help with disassembler)
- Added Zelda Skyward Sword Alternative dol offset (PAL and NTSC-U) for
automatic dol selection.
- Added detection of enabled cheat codes from an already created .gct file.
- Added support for 2 USB drives for d2x cIOS (Requires d2x v9+).
- Removed buggy focus system completely and added support to control screen
pointer with analog sticks from respective controllers if the wiimote is
not pointing to the screen. Compatible with Nunchuk, Classic Controller and
GameCube controller. A speed factor is available in the GUI settings.
- Restructured game's settings for different types of games (Wii/GC/Channels).
- Added auto position of progress window messages in vertical direction
depending of how many are used at the same time.
- If "Titles from GameTDB" is not enabled the title will be read from the folder
name if possible or from the game disc header.
Title caching can still be used and is recommended in that case.
- Settings title, keyboard text and key color can be changed by themes now.
- Added optional background image for list/carousel/grid layouts (unused by
- Use of old built-in font for credits window because it doesn't look good with
the system menu one.
- Removed the need of a cIOS to launch the loader (if anyone uses it with IOS58
for whatever reason).
- Improved detection of game partition when starting the loader without configs
- Isfs is now initiated once and deinitiated when cleaning up only, instead of
the whole init/deinit every single access.
- Updated file system libraries.
- Removed pngu which is not needed, changed screenshot function to use libgd
- added init of network into background thread so it is cancelable and has a
- changed wifi gecko to UDP socket
- Converted all ogg sounds from 44.1 khz to 48 khz.
- Optimized use of memory:
Sizes over 30kb go to mem2 now first till it runs out ; Avoid use of mem2 area
used on IOS_Reload (first 2 mb) ;
Change font character texture to I4 which uses half as much memory (less cache
- Changed update function to get the files from googlecode website, since old
update host website isn't accessible anymore.
- Fixed small scrollbar bug when having only 1 item.
- Fixed reloading of cover image on game list when only 1 item is left after a
change (e.g. filtering).
- Improved calculation of progress speed. Now it is always the last 15 secs
average instead of overall progress speed.
- Fixed "new" game showing even with a parental control setting.
- Fixed removing of unused cached titles on wiitdb load.
- Fixed ocarina codes when using more than 255 codes (brawl+) (untested).
- Fixed bug where entering "-1" (Use global) for cIOS was not possible in game
- Fixed playback of some BNS banner sounds.
- Fixed reloading into another IOS before launch of game.
- Removed buggy lz77 implementation and use the one known working.
- Fixed launching of dollz compressed dol files. (thanks FIX94)
- Fixed reading game's titles from disc header on fat32/ntfs/ext.
- Fixed crash on missing <app> tag on meta.xml files.
- Forwarder: Fixed crash on drives with physical sector size > 512 bytes.
- Forwarder: Fixed endless waiting for slow HDD. (thanks to FIX94)
- Forwarder: Added missing ext2 unmount. (thanks to FIX94)
- Supports new WiiMotion+ controllers by using latest libraries.
- Lots of string handling improvements (thanks to gerbilsoft for his patch)
New Channel Grid Mode specific features:
- New settings section for all banner's settings.
- Use of BNR (banner animation) cache setting to load banners and icon's
animation faster. (Enabled by default. Takes ~35MB/100 Banners)
Wii games/Channels also accept ID3.bnr for custom-made multi-region banners.
- BNR cache path setting.
- Pulsing "new" icon on banner grid layout for new games.
- Centering and size setting for banner's animation resources.
- Channel's zooming speed setting.
- Page's scrolling speed setting.
New GameCube specific features:
- Supports Dios Mios Lite (DML) v1.2+
- Uses of a custom banner for GameCube games which loads the game's internal
opening.bnr informations (big thanks to diddy
from the wiithemeteam for creating the brlyt/brlan for the banner).
- DML settings editable from the loader (global and per game settings).
- Supported formats for gamecubes are ISO/GCM and GCRegEx.
- Custom game paths. The following paths are accepted:
3. configpath/Title [ID6]/
4. configpath/gamepath/ (slow loading speed)
Accepted game's filenames: title.iso, title.gcm, GAMEID6.iso, GAMEID6.gcm
- DML cheats now work the same way as for other Wii games, gct goes to "GCT
Cheatcode Path" as GAMEID.gct
- GameCube games copy from USB to SD on demand with choice menu to delete SD
games to make space,
If you want to use this feature then set the "Main GC path" to USB and the "SD
GameCube path" to SD card.
If duplicated games are detected on SD and USB, the games on SD will be
- Added GameCube disc dump functionality with multi-disc menu game selection,
compress and align support
(thanks to FIX94 and Overjoy for their disc dump sources on which this is
- Use of the BNR cache path to load ID6.bnr or ID3.bnr if available for custom-
made banners. (Loading only)
- Video mode option to force interlace mode on GameCube.
- Fixed force prog mode on DML 1.4